Dated: December 2018
1.Who is responsible for managing my information?
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data. We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking accommodation)
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites
- inform you about an incomplete booking
- to manage customer service queries
- and to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
- Performance of a Contract: If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements. If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking.
- Legitimate Interest: We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy. We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time. Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, marketing our services to them and helping us to provide them with the highest levels of service.
- Legal Obligation: We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
5. Who will you share my information with?
We will not share your details with any third party for advertising or promotional purposes. We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal right
6. Updating Your Details?
Alternatively you can call on 01360 870343.
7. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data.
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you.
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so.
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision. We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling. Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so, then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below:
8. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
9. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
10. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk